Official language of the school: English
The CIMPA School will take place from June 12th to 23rd, 2023 in the Instituto de Matemáticas, UNAM, located in the city of Oaxaca, Mexico.
Address: Address: Mártires de Tacubaya 505A, centro histórico, 68000 Oaxaca de Juárez. Country: México.
The School will be in-person, with live streaming sessions.
Differential equations are typically considered to be a subject of mathematical analysis or, more generally, ”continuous mathematics”. However, algebraic and discrete methods have been successfully applied to questions about differential equations such as, for example, finding symmetries or closed-form solutions.
Recent years have witnessed significant development of constructive aspects of algebraic geometry and tropical algebra including deep theory and efficient algorithms. Exploring connections between these advances and problems about differential equations creates numerous opportunities for applying algebraic and tropical methods in the realm of differential equations. The goal of the school is to introduce the participants to selected constructive methods of algebraic geometry and tropical algebra, present existing applications of these methods to differential equations, and engage the participants into working on open problems in this area.
1. Computational commutative algebra,
2. Tropical geometry
3. Differential algebra
1. Topics in differential algebra
2. Newton’s method for differential equations
3. Tropical differential algebra
Registration will be open until March 1st, 2023 (the deadline for applications for CIMPA support).
- Lara Bossinger - Instituto de Matemáticas de la UNAM, Unidad Oaxaca. México
- Sebastian Falkensteiner - Research Institute for Symbolic Computation (RISC), Johannes Kepler University. Austria
- Cristhian Garay - Cátedra Conacyt (Investigador por México), CIMAT Guanajuato. México
- Gleb Pogudin - École Polytechnique, Institut Polytechnique de Paris. France
CIMPA scientific officer
- Jorge Mozo Fernandez - Universidad de Valladolid. España
Lara Bossinger: email@example.com
This CIMPA school is made possible through the financial support of the Foundation Compositio Mathematica, Laboratorio Internacional Solomon Lefschetz (LaSoL), and Apoyo Especial Nápoles Gándara, Instituto de Matemáticas, UNAM.